Christmas is just around the corner! With Christmas comes, well, ….parties! Since get-togethers don’t often cater to the little ones we are in charge of, we’ve compiled a list of three Christmas party drinks for kids. These drinks are easy and sure to keep the kiddos happy this Christmas season.
It wouldn’t be Christmas if we didn’t include the jolly man himself: Santa! So the first drink on the list is:
Santa Claus Punch
1 2 liter bottle of Ginger Ale.
1 64 oz bottle of Cranberry Juice.
**To really make this punch stand out you need to get some sanding sugar. White goes with this recipe, but you can get any color you prefer.
You simply dip the rim of the glass in water and then dip it in your sanding sugar.
To mix the punch you have two options:
1) You can mix the 2 liter bottle of ginger ale and the bottle of cranberry juice together in a punch bowl and add your ice.
2) You can make individual glasses by pouring about ½ of a glass of cranberry juice and then finishing it off with ginger ale. (If plan on using ice, it is recommended that you put the ice in first, then pour the liquids).
Next up on the list is something to make the kids (and adults) very happy:
Peppermint Ice Cream Floats
(1) 2 liter bottle of Lemon-Lime flavored soda.
(1) Gallon container of ice cream; vanilla or peppermint.
(1) Can of whipping cream; plain or peppermint works for this.
(1) Container of sprinkles; crushed up peppermint works well, too.
Put a scoop of ice cream in a glass. Slowly pour the lemon-lime flavored soda in the glass. **It will foam up so you have to be careful—tilting the glass to the side as you pour helps this. ** Now, you just add your sprinkles and get ready to enjoy.
The last drink on the list pays homage to everyone’s favorite green man; The Grinch! Here we have our third drink:
(2) 13 oz Lemon-Lime flavored packets; unsweetened
(1) 12 oz Lemon concentrate; frozen
(1) 12 oz Pineapple juice; canned
(2) Cups of sugar
(1) 2 ltr Bottle of Lemon-Lime soft drink (start by using ½ a liter and adjust as necessary)
You can get sanding sugar (color/s of your choosing) as a garnish for the rim of your serving glasses. This really helps make the drink sparkly and fun. Just dip the rim in water and then in the sanding sugar.
Mix the ingredients in a punch bowl and serve over a glass of ice.
These Christmas party drinks for kids are sure to be a hit for all of the littles we are in charge of. Nothing beats simply, easy, and fun. Who knows, they may even be a hit for the adults, too. After all, Christmas tends to bring out the kid in all of us!