With Thanksgiving only a few weeks away it is time for procrastinators, like me, to finally put up some decorations. I am a person who needs relatively easy things to make. I’ve put together a list of three Thanksgiving DIY decorations that even I can make without screwing them up.
Let Me Introduce to You: Turkey Door!
For this little project you will need the following items:
(2) White paper plates.
(1) Sheet of black construction paper.
(1) Sheet of red construction paper.
(1) Sheet of yellow construction paper (12×12).
Glue & Tape or hanging putty.
- Start by cutting two circles using the black construction paper. You will need to measure your plates to see how big to cut them. Usually 2-3 inches works.
- Glue the eyes to the plates.
- Cut out a squiggly line the length of the red construction paper.
- Take the yellow construction paper and fold it diagonally.
- Attach the two plates about 3 inches apart on the outside of the front door. (Or whichever door you choose.)
- Attach the yellow construction paper (the bill) a few inches below but centered between the plates.
- Attach the squiggly red construction paper to the left side of the bill. **You attach them with the tape or hanging putty. **
- Enjoy this festive door decoration!
The Pumpkin Centerpiece:
Three things you will need for this project:
Some floral foam
Some artificial flowers
- Cut off the top of the pumpkin.
- Gut the pumpkin by taking out all of the insides.
- Assort your flowers on the floral foam in a way you would like.
- Place the floral foam inside the pumpkin.
- Place your centerpiece wherever you would like and enjoy it!
**This can be done with a variety of different size pumpkins.**
Items you will need:
(1) Craft foam ring.
(8) Large floral flowers with thick stems. **You can substitute 10 smaller ones. Just make sure the stems are thick.**
(1) Wire cutters
- Use your pen/marker to mark dots on the craft foam ring. For 8 flowers be sure to mark 8 dots. 10 flowers-10 dots. Make sure they are evenly spaced around the ring.
- Use the wire cutters to cut the stems of the flowers. You want to leave about an inch of stem on each flower.
- Add your flowers. You will want to place the stem on the dot you marked. Press firmly so the stem goes through the foam. You want it to go all of the ways in, but you do not want it to go all of the ways through, the foam.
- Hang it up and enjoy its beauty!
These Thanksgiving DIY decorations from GoHolidayGift.com are sure to make the Thanksgiving holiday a little more festive. Since they are easy and not real time consuming, this will leave more time for important things; like stressing over desserts or perfecting grandma’s stuffing so everyone thinks she made it!